A few days back I posted this video and received a slew of comments quickly:
- “His error is lumping all “seeker-friendly” churches in with Joel Osteen. WFC is seeker-friendly, and also very clearly and openly declares Jesus as the way, and the Gospel as the true Word of God. (Not to mention that there are plenty of videos and recordings of Mr. Hinn making false prophecy and committing heresy, so…)”
- “I got a kick out of the strategic organ playing whenever he would get to those high points. It just drew me in… next thing I knew my hands were lifted and waving on their own and I was speaking in some heavenly language that no one else could understand. Just playing of course… a bit of sarcasm.”
- “I don’t listen or read anything Benny Hinn says. He disgusts me.”
- “You know I went to India and stayed with Prakash Yesudian He is the Billy Graham of India. He told me had more respect for Benny Hinn than for Mother Teresa. He said it was because Benny Hinn gave the gospel and brought people to the saving knowledge of Christ. Mother Teresa, however, told Prakash when he visited her told him that she and her people did not introduce the dying and sick to Christ because their job was to pray for them and help them not bring them to Jesus. That was God’s job. This made me stop and think about how we really see people.”
and my favorite (and personal reminder)….
- “Strong comments my friends, before his master Benny will stand or fall, but for the record i do not agree with much of his theology concerning the kingdom. In private discussion i think these kinds of intense fellowships are better facilitated, before others it appears to be a house divided and we know what happens to that house. Lets major on the majors and minor on the minors.”
After viewing the video what do you think? Joel has since apologized for his comments does this change anything? Please comment below (and don’t be shy)……